Friday, June 7, 2013

New, Improved Tutorials on the Way!

Hi, all!  As some of you from facebook may know by now, I've been playing with a new graphics software (well, it's new to me anyways).  I really, really like it and I plan to buy it when my free trial expires.

It's called CorelDraw Graphics Suite X6 and you can find it HERE .  I know it's costly, but it has a free 30-day trial and a subscription option!  I plan to order the subscription, which is considerably less expensive than the "box".  Maybe one day I will afford the box version but a benefit of subscriptions is that the upgrades are included.  :)

I'm sending a special thank you to my friend, Mikki Ferrugiaro, who sent me the link to Corel and encouraged me while I plugged away at learning the program and creating my first tutorial with the software.  You rock!

So!  My debut tutorial using the new software is Celebration II.  It's a retake of my classic and beloved (to me) Celebration pendant.  Retake?  Why, yes!  This is a 1-needle version of my original, 2-needle design.  I made it as a special favor to my friend, Michel Bowersock.  It really is worth a look.  I changed the layout and design of my tuts, added a mini photo gallery to the last page to see examples of finished pieces from the tutorial, and the graphics are improved.




Now, I'm not going to say my other tutorials are bad!  I get a lot of compliments on all my tutorials.  They are easy to follow and I've had no complaints whatsoever.
Still, there is always room for improvement in any venture and I'm excited about tutorials to come!  Onward and upward, as they say!

I'd like to mention briefly about the Battle of the Beadsmith that's been ongoing this week.  I'm astounded by the beautiful pieces and the effort that the wonderful artists have expended in this competition!  Several of my friends have fantastic pieces in this Battle, and several of my teamies in the Etsy Beadweavers have entered.  It makes me proud to know such talented bead artists!  I'm humbled in your presence.  There's also the Bead and Button show going now!  I tell you, it's beading overload!  Beaders Unite!  We're taking over!  :)  I know a few that are there now and I'm living vicariously through them.  Well done, all of you!  Well done, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment