Saturday, November 9, 2013

Catching up!

Hey, y'all!  Wow, it's been a while since my last post!  My apologies- things get hectic for me this time of year.  Hmm, so what's new?  This is gonna be a long post, guys- get comfy!

Well, teaching is going fantastic!  I've been having such a blast with my ladies and making new friends!  I'm getting new students in my classes now and we just have a ball.  Fun, fun!  Our Thursday class this week had coffee and doughnuts.  Woo!  8 ladies all hopped up on sugar and coffee!  :)  It was great and we laughed a lot.

Tutorials!  I think I've posted 2 new tuts since my last blog entry:  Cirque and Pathways.

 Cirque Tutorial by VCArtisanOriginals

I'm linking to my ArtFire shop because I've discovered that most of my Etsy sales are "in house", meaning they come from Etsy browsers.  With that in mind, I may as well advertise my ArtFire shop!  :)  

Cirque is my version of herringbone stitch using Super Duos and seed beads.  It's a technique tutorial and includes a page of exclusive graph paper that I designed just for this tutorial.  

I finally managed to get my tutorial posted for Pathways!  This one was long-awaited and I'm happy with its reception!

 Pathways tutorial by VCArtisanOriginals

Pathways also looks fabu with Rullas in place of the bricks!  My friend Michel showed me her version using the Rullas and I like it very much!

Here is a sneak peek at my next tutorial:  Janet!  I created a netted necklace using Super Duos (of course... you know me!) as a gift for one of my wonderful ladies, Janet's birthday.  I have the tutorial illustrated and I just need to assemble and word it.  Life is hectic lately so I'll get to it as soon as I can.  

coming soon:  Janet by VCArtisanOriginals

Let's see... what else?  Oh!  I revamped my shops!  I changed all my cover photos:  I creatively cropped some, rotated others, switched out colorways on still more and splashed the "tutorial" ribbon on all of them!  It's been a big hit and I personally think my shops are pretty now.  :)  It was worth my day that I spent editing them all!  Here's a "before" and "after" of my Etsy shop:


Before:  lots of white space and smaller photos.

After:  larger photos, uniform lines and better cropping.

I also have:  3 bracelet designs, a necklace or two and some Christmas ornaments in the works.  Stay tuned!

So, what are you up to?  Any new projects?  

No comments:

Post a Comment