Monday, November 25, 2013

My Pumpkin Bread Recipe

Hi, all!  My local friends and family can all attest that they love my pumpkin bread!  It's the first thing they ask for for family events and holidays and everyone always asks for the recipe.  I thought I'd share it with you so you can try it!

It tastes different according to how you cook it.  For instance, if you use large loaf pans (2), it takes a long time (over an hour) to cook, the outer crust may blacken a tad bit on top but the inside is so moist and yummy.  It seems to me as if the spices are more pronounced when you make large loaves.  If you make muffins with the recipe, the cooking time is less (common sense) and if you take them out just when a toothpick comes out clean they are very nice and moist.  I've made cakes in large pans (9x13) and used cream cheese icing with great results, too.  Recently I've taken to using mini loaf pans.  I love them!  So cute and they're a great size to grab and run (which Mom does... she sneakily grabs one and runs).  :)

My pumpkin bread is 100% milk and nut free (my daughter is allergic).  If you'd like to stir in 1 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans it would taste really great.  You could also try some chopped, dried cranberries.  Oooh!  You know what would be cool?!?  Shelled pumpkin seeds (aka pepitas).  :)

So here it is, all typed up!  (I even painted the pumpkins.) Be aware that I don't time my recipes... I cook by smell.  If it smells good I check it.  It's always worked for me!  :)

http://www.vcartisanoriginals.com/free-tutorial-downloads.html
Click the photo for a downloadable and printable .pdf version (scroll to the bottom of the linked page).

Enjoy!  Happy Thanksgiving!  If you have any great pumpkin recipes that are dairy and nut free, let me know!  ~Val

No comments:

Post a Comment