Sunday, January 26, 2014

January in retrospect

Hi, all!  I know, I know, I don't post very often lately.  Due to my other blog duties and my busy schedule, I may only do monthly reviews until things settle down.

January!  Oh wow, what a month.  This month we had a family crisis, which my family and I are still slowly recovering from.  My son had emergency surgery on Jan. 4th and is slowly recovering.  He's doing well now- he has to take breaks more often and due to the major surgery and huge incision, he won't be up to par for 6-8 weeks, but it's been 3 weeks post-op and he is doing quite well for what he underwent.  Tomorrow he returns to school for the first time since mid-December when they went on Christmas break.

Due to our being in hospital for 8 days (I wasn't about to leave him alone there), I am slowly getting back on track with my own work and projects.  I have a lot of catching up to do and several projects in the works that need attention.  However, it will get done!  It's just taking me a while to adjust.

In amongst my returning to work and working on projects and my busy schedule, I got my hair cut, hah!  It's short and I love it.


What will I be working on next?  First, I need to finish a project I'm working on for Wubbers University.  Once that is done, I will be working on the tutorial for my latest design, the Eye of Sauron pendant based on the Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien.


Hang in there and thanks for your patience while my family and I adjust to life again.  :)  ~Val


No comments:

Post a Comment