Thursday, March 20, 2014

Wow, does time fly!

Hi, all!  I know, I know, I'm supposed to keep up with this blog!  I'm so sorry- I'm in a whirlwind lately, never knowing if I'm coming or going.  So:  lots to catch you up on!

I left the Bead Mavens group due to time constraints (I'm not kidding when I say I'm a busy bee!) but I still give them much love and respect.  :)

I'm still happily working with Mirrix as a share sponsor for their latest contest, the Social Market for a Mirrix campaign.  Many congrats to the 3 lucky winners!  I'm also a Mirrix Ware representative, so if you're local and want to see how a Mirrix looks, feels and works, let me know!

Things are moving along so nicely with Wubbers University!  (<--link) I will soon have 5 classes on the site (several are in editing mode now) and I also just obtained my Wubbers Certified Instructor certification and badge, woohoo!  I'll be putting it on my website when I get a copy.  I worked with the WU President, Lexi Erickson and the wonderful Kat Kramer (editor extraordinaire) on the writing of 2 larger classes on WU, the Bead Encyclopedia, parts 1 and 2.  Part 2 will be on the site soon, but you can find Part 1 there now!  I'm quite happy with the results.  They are an entry level introduction to bead types, brands, qualities, shapes, sizes, finishes, textures and vendors (where applicable).  I wrote both parts simultaneously, over a month or so, and people seem to love them.  You can find my classes under my name if you search by instructor, or just look in the "Beading and Stringing" section under the course listings.

Oh, and Tom is doing fantastic after his surgery, Sarah got her hair cut, we got a new couch (LOL)... and all is well at home.  :)

OK, I also spun out several looong tutorials and a few short ones, plus created all sorts of beady goodness, but I have a class soon and have to go, so I'll just post a few pictures of my new goodies and you can check out my shops (in the sidebar) if you're interested!


Ruda, tutorial not yet available (I'm debating on making one for this)

Flame and Darkness Pendant tutorial set

Alternate colorway for the Flame and Darkness necklace


Nox pendant

Stella Obscura earrings

Just for show- not available as a tutorial

Orthanc chain variations from the Flame and Darkness tutorial set


Much love!  Much hugs!  ~Val

No comments:

Post a Comment