Sunday, September 7, 2014

Adieu to August and hullo to September!

Hihi!  All is well at the Clifton house!  I've had a busy few weeks (heck, months!) with new ideas, new projects, new tutorials, new tools (squeeeeal!) and new duties.  I'm also running the roads taking the kids back and forth to school- my son to college and my daughter to highschool.  I have 4... 4! new tutorials in the works so hopefully I'll be releasing new stuff soon!  Life is so busy lately!

Oh, we got a new kitten!  His name is Virgil (to go with our other male, Dante).  He's a spunky one who never seems to sit still.  He thinks our dog is his momma.  :)  He also has a crush on Caprica, one of my females.  He's being neutered next week.




I've also got a few new designs in the works for other tutorials.  My "to write" list is long!  Inspiration comes to me in great, huge spurts and I can barely keep up with my ideas.  Sketch pads litter every surface it seems... if I don't sketch my ideas quickly I lose them forever.  They go into the ether, never to return.  My head is like Swiss cheese, hah!  :)

I've revamped and re-illustrated one of my favorite tutorials, Corona!  I've always loved that design and since I now use better software, I decided to remake it with prettier diagrams.  Eventually, I plan to redo all my embarrassing older designs with my fancy, schmancy illustration software.



In August, I also made my mom a pendant and I think she really likes it!  It's in her colors- cobalt and crystal.  I've also made it in another colorway.  I will be illustrating that tutorial very soon and I hope to get things moving- these I'm working on finished- so I can write more.




I've also made a cute little pair of wreath earrings using St. Petersburg stitch and Peyote stitch.  I may or may not write the pattern.  It's fairly simple but cute.




Hmm, what else?  Oh!!!  August was a great month for me tool-wise!  I've gotten a new bench vise, a new anvil (with horn and hardee hole), a new pair of Wubbers graduated cylinder pliers (I call them cone pliers) and the new Wubbers Artisan's Mark hammer set!   Oh, let me tell you:  When I got those hammers I felt just like a kid at Christmas!  They're so beautiful and so neat!  I plan to get in my studio soon to play with them and work on wire working tutorials!  That's right!  Soon I will have a few minor wire working tutorials, both in my shops and on the Wubbers University website.




The last few months I've done a lot of reading.  A. Lot.  :)  I mean, more so than usual, and I pretty much read anytime I can get free time.  Lately, I've been slacking on my duties and reading every single night.  I do this when I get overwhelmed so it's pretty normal for me to go months with books and maybe a few weeks without books- lather, rinse, repeat.  It's a sickness, I tell you!  :)

I've recently had a chance to beta read a book or two, and I do love it!  I'm considering signing up to review more books.  I'm reading them anyways so why not?  :)  Do you think it would be odd for me to start reviewing books?  I love to read, so I figured why not?  I don't know what kind of things to expect in the book reviewing world and I don't really have time for politics, snark and drama with other reviewers, but I wouldn't mind reading some books and giving an opinion on them.  Like I said, I mow through books anyways.  :)  I'm thinking on it and I'll get back with you.

That's all for now!  I'll have more projects to showcase in the September blog post- I'm working on a pretty neat birthday present for my friend and I can't wait to show you!  So, what are you up to?  Are you getting ready for the Holiday gift season?  Are you already frantically beading up a storm?

2 comments:

  1. Bead and read, read and bead. Can't go wrong with those two things! OH, and you have to write too... write those tutorials up!!! Beads and books, what could be better? Except for maybe some chocolate? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely!!! I could do with a nice Cappuccino right about now, but I'm being lazy and don't want to get up. :) Tomorrow I hope to write another tutorial, or at least to begin it.

      Delete