Friday, December 12, 2014

My Beading Magazine Debut

Hi, all!  The December issue of Digital Beading Australia is out and my project begins on page 124!  I hope you'll enjoy it!

This is my first experience with a beading magazine (I've been in two issues of the Copper Wire Jewelers magazine).  It was a fun and stressful experience at the same time.  I was nervous about submitting to a magazine and seeing peoples' reactions to my project, but all in all it is a good thing.

Here's the piece I submitted:  Lagoon. I hope you'll like it!


You can find the magazine (Issue 13, Dec. 2014) here:  http://www.digitalbeading.com.au/ 



Until next time, ta~

~Val

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Valorie, your work is amazing and your journey very inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Aurelio! I find your work amazing and inspiring, too! Thank you for being such an awesome friend.

      Delete
  2. Congrats Valorie......great debut and just love the weave. OK! Where did you find that clasp? Need one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Catherine! I'm pretty proud of the bracelet, though personally I prefer it without the embellishments. I'm more of a "single layer" girl. :D No fuss, no muss. The clasp is a simple, 1 inch shank button I picked up at Hobby Lobby. Look for the Jan/Feb issue to see another of my projects! I've been invited to submit another piece! :)

      Delete