Saturday, March 7, 2015

Marching into...March!

Hi, all!  LOL I know, this post title is sad.  :)  I couldn't resist.  I can do corny with the best of them!

I forgot to do my February retrospective post!  So much has been happening this year, and it's only March!  Let's see:  Since December, I've published or contracted to publish 6 pieces.  From out of the blue, it's just happening!  I'm still in shock.

Some of them you've seen, like my two issues of Digital Beading, and some are a secret surprise that I'll spring on you after publication.  It gives you something to look forward to.  :)  Speaking of which, I haven't yet shared my latest publication in Digital Beading Australia's Feb/Mar issue!!!

I kept this project a secret (except to my nearest and dearest) and I'm so excited to present my Reina pendant!  It's designed to look like an old brooch.  Here are a few screenshots:  This is the cover of the issue where my Reina is featured (Issue #14).




And this is a screenshot of my first two pages of the spread.  This issue has 8 pages of my project, and even a bio and photo of me.  :)




Here's a better shot of the pendant.  I will be listing this tut in my Etsy shop toward the end of March, and I will also be teaching the class on Saturday, March 21 at the SRACF Dragonfly Gallery in Milton, FL.



So that's one piece of news down.  Ready for more?

I will soon have several undisclosed pieces published in an undisclosed magazine at an undisclosed time.  LOL!  Something to look forward to, and this one is a super secret that I'm not sharing with anyone until after publication.

What I can share with you is a new development!  Yesterday I was contacted by another magazine editor!  I can't even tell you what it's like to be receiving correspondence and phone calls from multiple editors.  It's surreal, and I can't get used to it.  OK, back to my news:

I was offered the COVER of a magazine!!!  That's right, me!  On a cover!  Of a magazine!  Plus, they don't mind if I tell you all about it.  :)  I made sure to ask.  The details?  I'm keeping the piece in question a secret.  I will say that it's a coppersmithed piece and it will grace the October/November cover of RitzyToo digital magazine.  This magazine has bead work, metal work, wire work... a little of everything.

Never heard of it?  You should check it out.  Why?  Well, for one, it's a FREE digital magazine.  Plus, if you click the recent issue and enter your email address, they DELIVER the FREE magazine to your inbox every two months.   RitzyToo also has an archive of free jewelry making tutorials for you to peruse and use.  So, while you're waiting for my October cover, you can see all the other issues and find some cool new pretties to make.  You can't beat that!

I love, love receiving newsletters and magazines and blogs in my inbox.  It's the only way I can remember to read them, and I always subscribe to my favorite blogs, etc. via email.  Best. Thing. Ever. (hint:  you can follow my blog via email by sticking your email addy in the box in the upper right corner of my blog!  I only post 1-2 times per month so you won't be bombarded.)  *batting eyelashes*

What else?  I'm working on a secret project that will be revealed later this month or early next month.  It's gonna be good, and I hope you'll enjoy it!  I'm also working on a new tutorial in between all these fun, exciting projects.  I hope to finish it very soon.  It's about time to put some new stuff in my shop, don't you think?

Have a wonderful, joyful, fun, splendid, awesome day!

Much love,

Val~



1 comment:

  1. In love with Reina. What a lovely pendant. I'll be looking for the ETSY pattern since it would be one heck of a drive from Whittier, NC to Milton, FL. Looked up the RitzyToo Digital Magazine. Couldn't resist. Added a please visit your posts on my blog - you so much fun to follow.

    ReplyDelete